Tuesday 23 November 2021

28mm Sci-Fi Skirmish (1) The Main Protagonists

 As soon as I saw them I knew I had to have all three boxes of North Stars Stargrave minis, firstly I thoroughly enjoy building up multi part minis and secondly I really wanted to paint some which; not being a big lover of 28mm stuff surprised me!

I decided to make a bunch of factions/gangs for a potential sci-fi skirmish game supplemented with a few metal minis from various places, CP Models mainly. 

Not really fancying Stargrave itself, I initially went for Planet 28 rules which are perfect for a quick game using any old minis and great for playing with my son. Having played a few games I wanted something more detailed for the narrative side of our games and after some research decided to give Spectre Ops(2nd Ed) a punt, and so far we're really liking them, as they are perfect for small scale narrative missions.

Anyways on to the minis which I wanted to be bright and vibrant (unlike most of my collection) and wanting to get through them quickly I used a lot of GW's Contrast paints which I am just about getting the hang of.

First up are my main protagonists the A.L.F (Alien Liberation Front) brave freedom fighters or alien terrorists depending on your viewpoint:










Next are the A.L.F's main opponents the Galactic Marine Corps which sadly went through two other paint schemes before I settled on this one(the others being too dull for my overall scheme):






Some more factions, and then a few vehicles over the next couple of posts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment