Monday 18 December 2017

Gaslands(1) - The First Vehicles

I recently picked up Gaslands the new Post Apocalyptic style Car racing/combat game from Osprey. Funnily enough my friend and I had started planning a similar themed game using X-Wing style movement templates some time ago, but never got beyond the planning stage. So it was a pleasant surprise to see someone else had been working on the same principles.

Having now played a few test games and a couple of games at the club, I have got to say that I am loving Gaslands, fast play, reasonably simple, easily modded and most importantly great fun. It is scaled for Matchbox/Hot Wheels type vehicles but can be scaled up or down to suit your miniatures.

Fortunately I still had a big box of Matchbox cars from my youth which had been passed around the family and now back with my son - who has little to no interest in them, so I have re-claimed them.

I have seen a lot of tutorials recently with regards to converting your vehicle to make it more suitably Post Apocalyptic, many of which involve drilling out the rivets, stripping the original paint work etc. This seemed far to involved for me, so I came up with my own simple method, more of which in the next post, but in the meantime here are few "before" pics:





So onto the cars I have done so far, for parts I have used literally anything I deemed suitable, the Nitro booster on this one for EG is a glue bottle applicator:






That was my first test run, so I quickly moved on to this one:



which was soon joined by this Red one:






Giving me three so far:





I needed a more classic "Road Warrior" style car so I built this one up(the gun is a drive shaft from a WW2 truck)





At this point the crew pack I ordered from Ramshackle(more in the next post) had arrived so I tested one out in this one:





I am finding modding the cars and painting them up very satisfying, and have a good few in the works, more on which next time.




1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I like the weathered look you’ve achieved. I look forwards to seeing how these perform in the badlands!

    ReplyDelete