Saturday 30 November 2019

Distractions & Diversions (6) - Mouslings


Wanting a break from 15mm Fantasy I moved on to 28mm Fantasy!!

I bought these with a view to painting them with my 7 year old daughter, my 9 year old son already paints miniatures and isn't too bad and whilst my daughter has wanted to join in she didn't want to paint soldiers or monsters, hence the purchase of a bunch of reaper miniatures "Mouslings" some for her and some for me to paint along with her.

I reckon I could use these for Rangers of Shadow Deep or Frostgrave, and I have seen some suitable bad guys for them to fight from Northumbrian Tin Soldier miniatures which I will pick up at some stage.

Anyway on to the minis, these are the one's I have done so far:














Back to 15mm for my next post but not fantasy this time.

2 comments:

  1. Those look great. I'm always tempted to try these for a more whimsical subject.
    One thing I did when my kids were just starting to paint is I would have them block in the colors and then I would finish the minis with clean-up, washes and basing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Luckyjoe, thats how i started with my son and he soon grasped the idea and then went on to doing his own basic shading and highlighting, at the moment my daughter just hasnt got the patience to paint despite being talented in arts/craft stuff. At least it gave me an excuse to pick up these lovely minis though :-)

    ReplyDelete